Friday, September 1, 2017

Bob's Back Issue - Part 3

1-Sep-2017

9:00 AM - Lumbar Medial Branch Block Procedure

I was injected with an anesthetic multiple times in order to relieve the pain from the nerves. If I felt much better after this, then I'd be a candidate for RFA, which would deaden the nerve(s).

I was originally told I'd wait for about 20 minutes after the injection, and then let the doctor know how I felt. Instead, they sent me home after the procedure and told me to call back that afternoon with how I felt. I did call back, and left a message. Twice. I got a call back after hours. I explained that I felt a little better, but I still couldn't stand for more than a minute or so. The lady said that RFA probably wouldn't work, and they wouldn't know what to do for the next step until they're open again on Tuesday, after the three day weekend.

So I'm back to lying down 24/7 until someone can figure out what's wrong.

I also sent a fax to another doctor today for a second opinion. But again, three-day weekend, so I'm just waiting.

No comments: